If you’re anything like me, you wouldn’t consider exercising your favorite pastime. The older I get the less I feel like hopping in the car to rush to a gym. In fact, I always manage to find a very legitimate reason why I shouldn’t go…. However, exercising is a crucial part of a healthy lifestyle, and without it you definitely will not be able to lose weight. There are certain workout tips, however, for getting back to love (well maybe like) exercising, even if you are truly not up to it right now.
1) Find some exercises that you like doing. Ideally, you should work out all of your body, but if you absolutely hate doing a certain kind of exercise, then look for another to take its place. You don’t have to do sit-ups to strengthen your core muscles. You don’t have to do lunges to work out your lower body. You don’t even have to do famous (or infamous?) stair master—you can replace it with cycling, swimming, skating, skiing… Find the exercise you like and your workout will become more enjoyable right away.
Click here to find a short but very effective workout you might enjoy. The results will astonish you.
2) Workout tips don’t necessarily just involve true sport activities. You can also find activities you like to do around the house that will get your body moving and expanding calories without even thinking about really working out. For example, if you like working on your garden, mow your yard by hand or do vigorous raking. Snow shoveling gives you an excellent cardio workout and it is a necessary choir if you live in a colder climate. You could even go and shovel your neighbour’s sidewalk, I am sure they wouldn’t mind. Thanks to the introduction of the Wii and game like Dance Revolution, you can even combine video games and exercise. No matter what you like to do you will be able to find ways to get some exercise.
3) Another great tip to star exercising is to find a training partner. When you work out together, you can help one another stay motivated and share workout tips. With a partner, you can have fun trying things like tennis, cross country skiing or more daring exercise such as rollerblading. Going for coffee after a fun workout makes exercise more palatable and even something to look forward to but …no cookies with the coffee.
4) Trainers can also show you new and fun exercises to help you avoid getting bored at the gym. If you go to the gym regularly the key is not to get into a boring, ineffective routine that will kill your progress and your enthusiasm. Good workout tips are only good if they work for you so don’t be shy to ask for different tips and ideas.
5) Lastly, try taking some classes. Most gyms offer a variety of classes most of them free with membership. Exercise classes are a great way to meet new people, learn new exercises, stay motivated, and above all, have fun. There are some great dance type exercise classes where you don’t even notice that you are working out you are having so much fun. One of these dance classes I tried lately is called Zumba.
Staying motivated if you hate exercising can be hard, well, I would say right down impossible. Find and use the best workout tips and set realistic goals. Don’t quit even if you fall off the proverbial wagon. You need to exercise as well as eat a healthy diet if you really want to lose weight and want to stay healthy. Make exercise fun and it won’t seem like such a chore.